Creamy Kale and Parmesan Pasta
Here’s the recipe for our day 1 dinner meal on the West Coast Trail.
Makes 1 serving.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cook Time: 5 minutes.
Equipment: measuring cup, measuring spoon, Ziploc bag, fuel, camping stove
- 1 cup egg noodles
(Egg noodles tend to have a little extra protein than plain. Try looking for a noodle shaped with a larger surface area and requiring minimal time to cook. The one I found indicated 3-4 minutes cooking time).
- 1 cup dehydrated kale
- 1 tbsp cheese, parmesan
- 1 tbsp walnuts (or pine nuts if you’re feeling fancy and want to pay a little extra), crushed
- 1 tbsp bacon flavoured bits, dried (optional)
- 1 tbsp basil, dried
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp broth powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp skim milk powder
(Skim milk powder not only adds a creamy flavour, but can also be a cheaper alternative for protein powder – generally a replacement of 2 (skim milk powder) :1 (protein powder) ratio)
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Empty pasta noodles and kale in and boil for 3-5 minutes until noodles are cooked. Pour out excess water as needed.
- Add in seasoning and mix well.
Calories: 684 kcal (Dry weight: 152g (4.5 kcal per gram) )
Carbohydrates: 109.5 g
Fiber: 9.7 g
(Net Carbohydrate: 99.8 g)
Protein: 29.6 g
A Source of: